When you begin the journey of Fair Trade and more mindful shopping, gifting is one easy segment of life to make fair. It’s fun and easy to share Fair Trade items with your friends! To help with this, here are 6 types of our favorite Fair Trade gifts.
1. Jewelry. As a longstanding staple in gift-giving, jewelry is an easy find in the Fair Trade world. And your recipient will just LOVE the patterns and colors of global artisans! You can choose from silver and gold shimmery, woven and quilted masterpieces, or even creative upcycled materials when you seek out Fair Trade handcrafted jewelry. Take a look at our Oceanic Echoes Earrings or the Whispered Secrets Necklace to get started.
2. Scarves. These can be great for women and men alike when you need a fashionable gift to give. Scarves can be worn around the neck, tied into hair, wound as accent pieces on bags, and much more. There are a wide variety of colors and styles, countries and cultures, in Fair Trade scarf choices. We have several in our Fair Trade shop! You may like the bright Peacock Shimmer or muted Bloom Softly colors, but please browse them all to find your favorites.
3. Candles and soaps. Sometimes you may not know a person well, but you can count on Fair Trade handmade gifts from around the world to provide unique and beautiful options. In many Fair Trade shops, you can find handmade candles and soaps with all-natural ingredients. These are great on their own, or consider pairing with a scarf or jewelry piece we mentioned above.
4. Table linens. For a friend who loves decorating and hosting with color, Fair Trade companies offer gorgeous cloth napkins, placemats, and tablecloths. These are gifts that could last a lifetime and easily become family heirlooms. They are often hand-stamped, hand-embroidered, or woven with great detail.
5. Musical instruments. For the music lover in your life! Because Fair Trade artisans represent hundreds of cultures around the world, we as shoppers have access to some amazing artistry and musical gifts. If you have never tried a Meditation Singing Bowl from Nepal, this is something you shouldn’t miss. The bowl set on a mantle or a bookshelf will add so many interesting conversation starters to any gathering – AND give the recipient a chance to talk about Fair Trade!
Our favorite Fair Trade gifts are those that start conversations, and then they help you engage more people in the movement to shop Fair Trade.
Hopefully you can see that the possibilities for Fair Trade gifts from around the world are truly endless. Next time you need a gift for a friend or family member, try seeking out a Fair Trade option first.
And don’t forget about YOU. When you are interested in a new outfit or accessory, give yourself the gift of Fair Trade – so that you get a beautiful product, and artisans live better.
Fair Trade means you get a great product, AND you make a difference in the lives of women around the world. Thank you for joining us on this journey!